When the sweltering heat of summer hits, trusty air conditioners become your ultimate saviors, providing cool and comfortable indoor environments. However, the heart of any air conditioning system, the AC compressor, can sometimes fail, and its failure can lead to discomfort and inconvenience during hot summer months.
At 1st Response HVAC, we understand the frustration and inconvenience of compressor breakdown. So we provide a reliable AC repair in Marysville, WA, and surrounding areas to help get your air conditioner running again. Feel free to contact us today!
In addition, we’ve compiled a comprehensive guide on the ten most common causes of compressor failure and how to prevent them.
10 Causes of AC Compressor Failure:
The compressor is the heart of any air conditioning unit, and it’s vital to pay attention to the factors that can lead to its failure. The following are the ten most common causes of compressor breakdown:
- Refrigerant Leaks:
Refrigerant leaks affect the cooling performance and can lead to compressor failure. Without sufficient refrigerant, your AC will struggle to cool and circulate the air, and the compressor will overheat. It can also lead to the problems like reduced airflow and higher electricity bills.
- Dirty Coils:
Dirt, debris, and grime can accumulate on the coils, inhibiting proper heat transfer and causing the compressor to work harder. This strain can lead to premature failure.
- Electrical Issues:
Faulty electrical connections, such as loose or damaged wires, can disrupt the power supply to the compressor. It can result in compressor failure or even damage to other electrical components. Contact our professionals to provide the best AC services in Marysville, WA, and surrounding areas to avoid further damage to the unit.
Continuous operation without adequate rest periods can cause the compressor to overheat, leading to premature failure. Lack of regular maintenance, including cleaning and inspection, can exacerbate this issue.
- Incorrect Refrigerant Charge:
Using the wrong type or amount of refrigerant can stress the compressor unnecessarily. It’s crucial to ensure the correct refrigerant charge during installation or maintenance.
- Contaminants in the System:
Foreign substances like moisture or air can enter the AC system. These contaminants can cause corrosion, reduce efficiency, and lead to compressor failure.
- Improper Installation:
An incorrectly installed AC system, with improper sizing, incorrect wiring, or incorrect refrigerant charge, can put undue stress on the compressor leading to premature failure and requiring frequent repairs.
- Age and Wear:
AC compressors naturally experience wear and tear over time, leading to eventual failure. Your system can often last 10-15 years, but regular maintenance can extend its life.
- Poor Maintenance:
Neglecting regular maintenance, such as cleaning the coils, replacing filters, and checking refrigerant levels, can significantly contribute to compressor failure. It can lead to premature failure and costly repairs. Schedule a regular AC installation in Everett, WA to keep your system running smoothly.
- Severe Weather:
Extreme weather conditions, such as high humidity, excessive heat or cold, and storms, can damage the compressor in your AC system. It is essential to inspect the system after such weather conditions to check for any problems.
If you experience compressor failure, contact 1st Response HVAC. We are the best AC contractor in Lynnwood, WA, and surrounding areas and have been serving our customers for over ten years. We provide comprehensive air conditioner repair services to get your system back up and running.
7 Ways to Avoid Compressor Breakdown
Taking preventive measures is the key to avoiding compressor failure in your air conditioning system. There are many simple things you can do to prevent compressor breakdown and keep your AC running efficiently. Some of them are the following:
- Ensure your AC system receives regular professional maintenance to specify and address potential issues before they become significant problems.
- Regularly clean or replace air filters to prevent dirt and debris from obstructing airflow and causing strain on the compressor.
- Regularly remove debris and vegetation around the outdoor unit to allow for proper airflow and heat dissipation.
- Ensure your AC system has the correct refrigerant charge to prevent the compressor from working harder and overheating. If you suspect a refrigerant leak, promptly contact a professional technician to address the issue.
- Give your AC system regular rest periods by adjusting the temperature settings or utilizing energy-saving features when the cooling demand is lower. This practice can help prevent excessive strain on the compressor.
- Always rely on experienced HVAC professionals, like our team at 1st Response HVAC, for AC installation and repairs. Proper installation ensures correct sizing, wiring, and refrigerant charge, reducing the risk of compressor failure.
- Check the electrical wires or connections to ensure everything is secure and correctly wired. If necessary, contact our professional technician to investigate any electrical problems that may be causing problems with your AC system.
By understanding the causes of AC compressor failure and implementing the seven practical ways to avoid breakdowns, you can prolong the lifespan of your compressor and enjoy uninterrupted cooling. You can also reduce the need for costly repairs and get the best out of your AC system. Contact us now to book a service appointment with our experienced technicians in Marysville, WA, and the surrounding areas.
Trust Our Knowledgeable Technicians
At 1st Response HVAC, we provide reliable and efficient AC replacement in Marysville, WA and the surrounding areas. Our experienced technicians are well-versed in all air conditioner maintenance and installation aspects. We offer 24-hour emergency and quality service to residential clients and are dedicated to providing prompt, friendly service so you can stay cool no matter how hot it gets outside.
Trust our knowledgeable technicians to keep your AC system running smoothly and efficiently, preventing compressor breakdowns and ensuring a cool and comfortable indoor environment all summer long. Stay proactive, and let us be your first response for all your HVAC needs. Call us now or schedule an appointment online.